How to Adult: Get Off the Hot Mess Express 30-Day Guide
Are you riding the Hot Mess Express?
Do you feel overwhelmed by life? Always behind, always stressed, always... a hot mess? Adulting is hard! How does everyone else do everything and do it so well?
Take back your control with How to Adult: Get Off the Hot Mess Express. This 30-day transformational guide for women focuses on basic life skills with an emphasis on solving hot mess "problem areas."
"Grace's guide includes practical advice for the single gal, single gal with roommates, or the married gal. Even if you are a pro at adulting, Grace offers insights in her guide that you will find helpful and refreshing." - Olivia
Would you describe yourself as:
- Never having enough time or constantly feeling overwhelmed and stressed out - With all of the pressures of being an adult, you can’t find the time to do what you need to do, let alone what you want to do. We’ll cover time management as well as the lesser-known but equally important energy management.
- Having a messy home, messy car, or too much stuff - You can't have people over because they'd be horrified if they saw how you live. Learn how to declutter and organize so your place stays tidy and things don't rebound.
- Having no money - You work all the time yet are all too familiar with those gut-wrenching words, "Card Declined." Finally figure out where all your money is going!
- Feeling frustrated or taken advantage of - Other people live with you so why does no one help you with chores?
- A poor excuse for a homemaker - You never know what to cook or even know how to cook. Your fridge is full but there isn’t anything to eat.
- A people pleaser - The word "No" is not in your vocabulary. Learn why you should set boundaries and how you can put your own needs first without hurting other people's feelings.
- Extremely forgetful - You constantly misplace your keys and space important details like a best friend's birthday. Create systems to keep track of the important (and not so important) details of your life.
- Chronically late - People have to tell you things start way earlier than they actually do. Discover the "why" behind your tardiness and nip this problem in the bud once and for all.
- Just plain not having your stuff together - You often catch yourself thinking, "My life is a mess!"
The school system may have failed you by not preparing you for adulthood...
...but that doesn't mean you can't learn how to be a successful adult now. Find the solutions to all of these problems and more inside this practical guide to adulting. Its step-by-step process, complete with self-love reminders and daily homework, ensures you'll not only be inspired and encouraged but find life-long transformation in a little less than a month.
If you're looking for a straight forward, step-by-step approach to legitimately change things and help you get your act together, How to Adult is for you.
✔ 30 Lessons each jam packed with basic life skills, need-to-know adulting tips, and hot mess solutions.
✔ Daily Action Plans give you broken down steps you can take so you're not fumbling around wondering what to do next.
Also included are our printables, downloadables, and interactive spreadsheets that won't just help you get on track but create life-long change:
✔ Prioritize and optimize your time every day with the Daily Check-In.
✔ Create actionable plans to reach your goals and keep track of your progress towards them (as well as basic adulting tasks) with the Monthly Goal Tracker.
✔ Learn how to plan your meals, take inventory of what you have on hand, and how to shop better with your Meal Planner.
✔ Discover how often certain chores need to be done, decide who will do what, and create a balanced schedule to stay on top of your home's cleanliness all with the help of The Ultimate Chore Chart.
✔ Use the Budget Spreadsheet to help you get out of debt and save for your future as you keep track of your expenses and income with this interactive spreadsheet that does the math for you!
Are you ready to get your act together & learn how to be an adult?
This program is a must for ladies leaving home for the first time, graduating college, or about to get married. It has been designed with special consideration for military spouses and Christian women.
If that sounds like you and you're ready to live a better, easier life, what are you waiting for? Start your journey today and get off the hot mess express!
"I would have loved this years ago when I was young, single, and clueless! It will be a helpful tool for many young adults as they navigate life away from home." - Jenny
I'm the creator of How to Adult and will be your guide throughout the next thirty days. I'm a self-proclaimed former(ish) hot mess, but let's be real, there are many days where I still feel like a chicken with my head cut off.
I few years ago I hit a real low point and became determined to turn things around, but everywhere I looked people put on fake fronts and self-help books spouted the same regurgitated nonsense. Didn't anyone have any tangible advice? Was I the only one struggling to do the basics?
I decided to go on a journey of self-discovery for my own sake, but also for all of the other women out there who I was sure must be struggling as well, just behind closed doors.
In this guide, I'm revealing what I learned as well as baring my soul so you can laugh with and learn from my hilarious and embarrassing mishaps all while completing compounding tasks formulated to bring balance and improvement to various areas of your life. My straightforward approach, though not always conventional, is based on science, an accumulation of different authors' and experts' opinions, and personal experience from my journey of being a hot mess gal to a refined woman. After all, who better to teach you than someone whose been in your shoes?
I hope you'll join me on this journey of learning how to be an adult,
Still not sure if this adulting 101 guide is right for you? Read below to see what we'll be covering each day.
YOUR SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
SECTION 1: THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
- DAY 1: REPLACE YOUR PAPER PLANNER
- DAY 2: ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE
- DAY 3: YOUR LIFE JAR
- DAY 4: DESIGN EFFECTIVE ROUTINES
- DAY 5: MAKE TIME PART 1
- DAY 6: MAKE TIME PART 2
- DAY 7: STOP PUTTING YOURSELF LAST
- DAY 8: THE ART OF SAYING “NO”
- DAY 9: SOUL-CARE
SECTION 3: ADULTING BASICS
- DAY 10: AUTOMATE GROCERY SHOPPING
- DAY 11: PLANNING & MAKING MEALS
- DAY 12: LIVE WITHIN YOUR SEAMS
- DAY 13: SET A CLEANING SCHEDULE
- DAY 14: SHARE THE LOAD
- DAY 15: MAINTAIN CLEANLINESS
- DAY 16: SOLVE YOUR PAPERWORK PROBLEM
- DAY 17: EMPTY YOUR SINK FULL OF DISHES
- DAY 18: TACKLE YOUR MOUNTAIN OF DIRTY LAUNDRY
- DAY 19: ELIMINATE A POINT OF TENSION
- DAY 20: PAY YOUR BILLS
- DAY 21: AVOID “DECLINED” EMBARRASSMENT
- DAY 22: CUT EXPENSES PART 1
- DAY 23: CUT EXPENSES PART 2
- DAY 24: MAKE MORE MONEY & STICK TO YOUR BUDGET
- DAY 25: TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE PART 1
- DAY 26: TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR APPEARANCE PART 2
- DAY 27: DIGITAL DECLUTTER & TECHNOLOGY TROUBLES
- DAY 28: CHRONICALLY LATE
- DAY 29: LOSING YOUR KEYS & OTHER STUFF
- DAY 30: A MESSY CAR & EMPTY TANK